Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hitting the Bottle

Day 106, 2230 grams

I know I lost a bit of weight, but they seem to think I gained a little to fast lately. So they gave me some Lasix--remember Lasix? Everyone's favorite diuretic! I had a pretty strong dose and then filled my diaper yesterday with 150 grams of pee! New record! So needless to say I shed a few grams because of that...

On to the BIG NEWS.

The big news today is that I took the bottle on all six of my feeds! No tubes! Now we can start the countdown to my homecoming. I need to do this for four more days to prove that I am a big baby, so we may be looking at Sunday at the earliest. Then it's me, mom and dad, 24/7!

I'd like to send a big shout out to my new friend Baby Augusto in Brazil. He is going in for his PDA surgery tomorrow--you'll recall that I had the same procedure on April 21st. Please take a moment to click his link and visit his blog (in Portuguese!), and if you have the time, leave a comment for him and his parents. I'm sure they would appreciate the support. Sorte boa, meu amigo.

And remember: chicks dig scars!


AOV

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am quite struck! So...my friend, now you speak Portuguese?? that is amaising!!!!!
Give my regards to your parents, and for you a big hug (um abraço in portuguese),
Ana (www.nascerprematuro.org)

Anonymous said...

Godd morning big boy,
my heart is with your friend in Portugal today (OK there is still big place for you too - nobody can take THAT place)...
love auntie Meli and Mladen
Yes, I almost forgot - baka Irena send kisses to you

Anonymous said...

Hi all! So glad to hear that you are on the count down home! Take care and hope to see you soon!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Andrej,

We are so happy you are getting closer and closer to going home! That's so very exciting! We can't wait to meet you in person. The children here miss your Mom very much, and think of you all every day! For now - we send you all big hugs and kisses!!!

Take care. Keep on eating.

Michal, Rafi, Roey, Daniela, Eytan & Nadav