Friday, June 22, 2007

Record Breaking Day

Day 102, 2215

OK one more milestone achieved: weight. 2200 grams is the target weight that I need to be in order to be discharged, so now I need to learn to take all my meals either on the breast or the bottle and I need to be able to do it for 5 days. Today was a good start. I took 5 out of my 6 meals per os, or "by the mouth." That's a new record for me!

And that's not the only record I broke today! My last meal was the fastest so far: 60 ml in 35 minutes, for a rate of 1.7 ml per minute.

I also set a record for sitting still and not complaining while being held by a non-parent: half an hour, long enough for me to get a hearing test. Passed it with flying colours, by the way.

Then I set a new personal best in diaper loading. Mommy stopped counting diapers at 6, in what could only be described as a veritable deluge of poop.

I almost set a record for most pee on a parent, but daddy was too fast for me. Just before my bath I was lying there naked and he wrapped me up in a blanket just as I was getting ready to hose him down. Oh well, the sudden warm & wet sensation on his arm was compensation enough.

And that brings me to my last feat of the day:

Not really a record breaking feat per se, but I thought this trick was pretty cool.

G'night!


AOV

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dobro ti jutro mili moj Andrej,
danas je i sunce nasmijanije od
srece sto ti tako napredujes...
Zelim ti veseo i nasmijan dan sa
mamom i tatom, voli te teta Meli
i c. Mladen

Kayko Driedger Hesslein said...

Yay for you!! (But too bad about missing daddy - that would have been fun!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrej,
where are you?
Was saturday too bussy for you or I hope you were just little bit to busy to chat with us... hope you are doing well
love auntie Meli

Brad said...

Hi Andrej,

Glad to hear you are getting so big...I really hope that you are able to get out soon as I am looking to come down next weekend...see you then little buddy.

B-

AUGUSTO !!! said...

Hello Andrej !!

You don't know me or my parents but I have read all your posts since the first one.
My name is Augusto and I am a little warrior just like you.
I am currently living in a hospital in Brazil. I also have a blog where I keep my family and friends updated of my progress.

I am going through a lot of things that you already did. It has been a hard time but with faith in God we believe we will win this battle for life.

Right now the doctor are deciding how they will going to handle the PDA since the Indomethecin didn't work. I am also taking Plasix and all the stuff you know better than me.

I just want to say "thank you" for all the things you wrote in your blog. It has helped my parents to stay confident that no matter how difficult the things are, we should always hope that a better day will come.

Sorry I can't express my fellings in English very well.. but I believe you can understand what I mean.

Looks like soon you will be at home and that is great news. I wish you good luck !! Go home to play with your Daddy and Mommy that love you so much.

I will have to stay here for a few weeks more but I am confident that I will improve every day and soon will be with my parents in my lovely room they made for me.

I also have a blog but it is wrtten in Portuguese. Anyway you are welcome to visit me (sometimes I post some nice pictures... :)

http://augustoblois.blogspot.com/

Good luck !

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy! Cool bottle trick! So happy to hear that you hit your target weight! Hooray!!

Next time try and get daddy for me okay? (ha ha! Just kidding....or am I?!)

Take care and eat lots!

Lots of Love,

Aunt Be