Saturday, April 21, 2007

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's 40!

40 Days old, that is.

So how was your day? Mine was pretty tame. Heart surgery, collapsed lung, drug induced stupor, you know, everyday stuff. So here's the rundown-- After a good night's sleep, mom and day arrive at 7am. The surgeon explained to them how the operation works and then goes off to prepare the O.R. Rev. Blizzard, one of the ministers who married mom and dad arrived to say hello to me. He was a nice man, but also really strange. He was saying some nice, soothing things to me and just as I started to relax, he starts throwing water on me! Weird! Apparently this is called "baptizing." I call it "irritating an irritable infant." Whatever it was, I felt very calm and confident for my upcoming operation.

The operation itself only took about half an hour, and while mommy and daddy should have been pacing the halls and wringing their hands, they instead were watching the Tottenham Hotspurs/Arsenal soccer match on TV. Can't a baby get a little love? Any way, things went smoothly and at first I was very comfortable. But then they realized that my breathing tube was a little too far down and was only filling my right lung. Also, because the operation was on the left side, it put a lot of pressure on my left lung. End result: collapsed left lung. So they fixed my tube and increased my ventilator pressure to re-inflate it. Then, because of the anesthesia and painkillers the nurses were worried about me not peeing. So I got a catheter. Ouch. Future nurses of mine, here's a tip. If I'm not peeing and so you decide to stick a tube up there, I will totally pay you back when you take the tube out. Just ask my nurse tonight. She now calls me "Super Soaker."

In other baby-interest stories tonight, Uncle Antonio got me a TON of new books! A bunch of Dr. Seuss, the complete Winnie the Pooh, and the Collectors Edition Curious George. Mommy and daddy read me a bunch of stories and then left for the night. Tomorrow we will find out how I am doing and decide when I will go back to my other hospital. Pity. I really like it here! But I still miss my girlfriends at the JGH. Keep my incubator warmed up ladies!

AOV

No comments: