Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Alone in the Dark

Day 92, 1915 grams

Today was a very dark day. I couldn't see a thing! I'm still wearing my crazy shades and I have big blankies over my incubator, so today was devoted to chilling in the dark and resting up. After all the Fentanyl they gave me yesterday I was still pretty groggy for most of the day, and Daddy suggested that the best thing to do would be to listen to Pink Floyd under these circumstances. But now I'm awake and wondering when I get to see the world (such as it is for me) again.

The big news is that my friend Blake is going home tomorrow. I really envy him right now. I know that my parents can't be with me all the time, and I miss them very much when they're not around. I'm sure they would be here all the time if they could, but I'm sure they would go crazy and the hospital would kick them out! So we're counting the days and grams until I get out of here. The rule is that in order to leave the hospital I need to be at least 2200 grams (about 5 pounds), have no apnea fits and I have to be able to feed on a bottle. So as soon as I'm out of the darkness I'll be resuming my training schedule!

We're closer every day.


AOV

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there,you will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.we are with you..
Gaetan,Caro,Will,Sam and Jacob.xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrej,
you will soon be over all this crazy staff at hospital, but then you will miss your nice nurses...well, soon few more grams is not too much for strong boy as you... love to your mommy and daddy and keep listening Pink Floyd...love aunti Meli and Mladen

Ceci said...

I must say, you look very "chill" in your incubator with your shades on. Must be all that Fentanyl and Pink Floyd ;)

Ceci
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,

If you keep gaining wieght like you are, I guess that you should be home with your puppies in a couple of weeks. Keep up the good work little buddy, the force is with you.

Love Jayne Glennon-Huntley :)

Anonymous said...

Hey little buddy! Sorry I haven't been able to log in lately but I've been sending you good vibes all the way from Chile! Keep fighting! Lots of Love!
Aunt Be
P.S. Dark side of the moon or the Wall....which is your favourite?

Anonymous said...

Hej big boy,
now I am all happy, just talk to your baka and she told me news from today... oh my.... I will sleep better tonight..so happy you are getting there (like, you now where - 2000gr:)... love you more then yesterday... auntie Meli..