Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hug Your Child Today

Day 82, 1700 grams

Today mommy and daddy went to baby Logan's funeral. It was a beautiful ceremony, but of course very sad. Blake's mommy and daddy went as well, and afterward all the parents hugged and had a good cry. It makes me happy our parents love us so much, but it's great that they are there to support, comfort and console each other whenever they need. Our lives--NICU babies and parents--are so different from the "real world" babies and parents that only others that are going through this, or have gone through this, can really understand. Logan and I had a special bond because, like me, he lost his twin not long after birth. And like me, he was a fighter who went through more in his short life that most people couldn't endure in a lifetime. He gives me courage to continue on, and I know that he is somewhere special right now with his sister Megan and my brother, likely causing a lot of trouble! So all I ask of you today is that if you have a child of your own, give them a hug and let them know how special they are. Life is beautiful they say, no matter how brief it may have been.

All my love,


AOV


In memory of my friend.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrej,

No matter how brief someone comes
into our lives, they touch us and mark us in a way that will remain with us forever, your big brother did that and so did Megan and Logan! All parents who have gone through this unique Nicu experience are truly phenomenal and I know that I speak on behalf of my collegues and friends, all of you, babies and parents have also touched our lives!

Cant wait to see you on Tuesday!

Luv auntie mel
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Andrej,
I am so sorry for lost of your friend...your mommy and daddy must be very sad, but as you know parents love us so much and they are always stronger then us...
Life IS beautiful and I am happy for you, my strong boy...
I am not talking to you croatian today, figured out you better understand this one.... till next time love auntie Meli

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your updates on life in NICU. You sure are getting an education on the real world. Truth is, the stuff you are going through is so much closer to the "real world". You are going to be so wise when you get out of there--you've got a jump start on life. Kindergarten is going to be a cake walk after this. I'm sorry you have to go through it but please know that many people are "standing with you" even though you can't see us. We are getting ready to go to Hamilton to stay with you Great Oma (Oma the Great) and go to Magda's wedding--another example of Life is Beautiful. There will be a strong concentration of people thinking about you that day. Let us know if you can feel our vibs. Just know it won't be a coffee tremor.
Keep sucking!!
Aunt Marcie in Boston