Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A-ha!

Day 86, 1780 grams

It's likely anemia. They noticed that my hemoglobin count was slowly declining over the last couple of days and so they decided to give me a transfusion. So far it's helping: my oxygen needs are getting back to normal, and my colour is is getting to be a nicer shade of pink. I'll get another transfusion overnight and hopefully that will do the trick.

I was feeling so much better that I celebrated by breaking my diaper loading streak. Counting the one I was wearing, I soiled 6 diapers in quick succession. That's 2 better than my previous record. It's just my way of telling my problems to all go away so that I can go home soon. Or in other words:



AOV

3 comments:

Kayko Driedger Hesslein said...

Hi, Andrej, nifty things those transfusions, aren't they? I had to get two units after I had my baby boy - they sure get you back on your feet, don't they? I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, and that's quite the face you're making, mister.

Ceci said...

I love this pic!!

Anonymous said...

wow andrej, your looking great!!! Glad to see your doing good! I read about you everyday your a tuff little guy !!Keep it up bud!
Amy
Scotiabank Richmond