Friday, June 8, 2007

Squeaky Clean

Day 88, 1840 grams... THAT'S 4 POUNDS!

Now it looks as though the infection was actually a contamination, which means that whatever showed up in the blood test wasn't from my blood. In fact, it was simply a bacteria that exists on everyone's skin, so it must have into the blood sample from the needle. Bacteria on my skin. Neat. My first pets!

Mommy and daddy had to go shopping for more baby supplies today--diapers, wipes, etc.--and they got me a new toy. Only problem is that I don't know what the heck to do with it. I'd rather just chew on my hands. Or the boob. Maybe in a couple of months, guys. Daddy is really anxious to introduce me to something called "Star Wars," but mommy just rolls her eyes.

Now that I'm over 1800 grams I get to have big baby baths! Instead of getting a wipe down, I get to take a dip in the baby jacuzzi. Which is essentially a large plastic bowl. No bubbles. Well, sometimes there are bubbles, but you don't want to know how I make them. I am so clean!


G'Night!


AOV

3 comments:

Ceci said...

Andrej:

your first pets are the dog and cat you have at home. Your germs can be your SECOND pets, but I recommend you leave them at the hospital when you go home ;)

You know what else? I was in the section when you got your first big boy bath, but I didn't get to see it cuz I was busy :( You'll have to have another bath soon so that mommy and daddy can have a photo session with you!

Good luck with you eye exam today. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

Take care
Ceci xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

My Little Pumpkin,
I am so happy that there is no real infection. I was the lucky nurse to give you your first bath! Boy did you enjoy it; you were kicking your feet, waving your hands and making some pretty big waves, you even splashed me! I am sure Mommy and Daddy will have a blast with you for your next bath.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE EYE EXAM TODAY!

Love Auntie Jovelyn xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mr. Andrej,

I'm so glad your doing better. I saw your Oma on Wednesday and she was really worried so I told her "stop worrying so much, he's going to be ok, he's a tough little monster" I can tell these things you know!. Don't tell Daddy but she bought tickets to a Sens game for next year, maybe she will take you! Glad you loved your bath and I can't wait for you to come outta that place so I can kiss them cute little cheeks of your's. Keep up the good work little buddy, we send good vibes to you every day all day, with a little extra love.
Tell Mommy and Daddy I say Hi.
Love Jayne Glennon-Huntley
xoxoxoxox