Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cup 'o' Joe

Day 80, 1620 grams

I couldn't figure it out. The morning started out all right, but toward the end of the day I got really jumpy and irritable. Turns out that the doctors discontinued my caffeine doses. I was getting them to jack me up enough so that my lungs would get excited and expand, giving them a workout. Now apparently I don't need it any more. Who the heck do they think they are?! They can't push me around like this! I PROTEST! WAAAHHHH!

Woah.

What was THAT? Sorry, I'm not usually like that. I wonder if this outburst has something to do with the caffeine withdrawal? Mommy promises to introduce me to "coffee" when I'm older, so I guess I'll have to suffer until then.

In other news, I had another eye exam today, and it looks as though I switched my eyeballs around. Either that or the one that was better got worse and vice versa. This is normal, they say. It should be like this for at least a month, so let's hope that the outcome is good!

Also, I tried the bottle for the first time, and I sucked. No, I mean, I really sucked, which is a good thing. Thanks to my honorary bubbe Rhona for sending the housekeeping staff on an epic hunt for the smallest nipple for my bottle! It was fun.

Gotta go--getting the shakes pretty bad now.

AUGH!


AOV

5 comments:

Ceci said...

Andrej:
when you say "housekeeping staff", you actualy mean me, right? Is that what I have become to you??? A HOUSEKEEPER ?!?!

I was glad to go looking for that ridiculously small nipple for you, but I knew you'd be a champ on the average size one... and I was right ;)

See you soon (today)
Ceci
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Tim Horton's.....Second Cup.....Starbucks......

when you get outta there Andrej, that's where I'm taking you! (Save that nipple and bottle- milk, coffee, it's all good!)

Keep sucking:)

Lots of Love!

Aunt Be

Anonymous said...

Mili Andrej,
ja cu ti danas pricati hrvatski, tek toliko da ne zaboravis ono sto si naucio:)
Tvoja baka me je danas (nazalost - tek danas) upoznala sa tvojim blogom i ako ne dobijem otkaz, jer sam od jutros sa tobom, javit cu ti se svakoga jutra, da vidim kako si proveo noc....nocu cu te cuvati u svojim snovima ili.. ako budem jako busy javit cu ti se predvece, poslije vecere da vidim kako si proveo dan...
Curice moraju biti lude za tobom, pa ti si pravi momak, moderan (casopisi kazu da je zelena boja ovog ljeta u modi)....
Ja te skoro svakodnevno spominjem ali nisam znala da mogu i razgovarati sa tobom... pa to je divno.. moj se kutak u srcu (odvojen za tebe od 12. marta) razvedrio i razveselio...
Jedva cekam da te vidim....
Poljubac mami i tati
Teta Meli

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Paul and Sandra,
Andrej's getting fabulous, round-the-clock care,and in the midst of this, you two must be totally exhausted. Paul, your efforts at keeping up the blog are Herculean, and yet I would be happy to know that you and Sandra were perhaps having a few stolen minutes together at the expense of my daily update. If you are somewhat rested, you'll be better able to meet each day head-on, confident and peaceful.
I'm praying for vision and for the healing to continue. How amazing that in the midst of this constant activity, monitoring, diagnosing, watching, hoping...is a boy. A regular little guy. And even though I wouldn't suggest this kind of start to life, what a rare privilege to see the development and change from fragile and delicate to muscular, alert, your son with an absolutely unique personality. Whew. Stop for a deep breath if you can.
Love, Cheryl