Saturday, May 19, 2007

Suck, Swallow, Breathe (repeat as necessary)

(sorry for the late post everyone! -mom & dad)


Day 68, 1460 grams

My apologies to aunt Becky for being so boring today for her. I'm a baby, aunt Be, when I gotta sleep, I gotta sleep! I also had visits from Oma and Baka today, and I was a little more active for them. A nurse asked me if I liked having visits from my grandmothers, and I thought, "What the heck does 'grandmother' mean?"

Here's a tip for everyone: NEVER get between a baby and his breast! Tonight mom tried to kangaroo me after I had already eaten (via the tube-boring!). As soon as I was placed on her, I began my quest for the breast, much to the amazement of my nurse. Apparently I'm supposed to be too little to pull this kind of advanced move, but I wanted that booby! When I finally got my way, I latched on to that thing and had a snack, then mommy decided I had enough. Big mistake. Huge. Mom, I'll let you know when I've had enough. I raised such a racket that I'm sure I must have woken up a few of my neighbours. Heck, I was so loud, Japanese pearl divers could probably hear me! So back down I went for a good 20 minutes. And mom thought that her pump had a lot of suction! I left her so battered and bruised you'd think that she hooked herself up to a shop-vac. I totally own this whole breast feeding thing. Baby, I am one bad mutha sucka.

I'm a complicated kid,
But no one understands me but my mother.


AOV


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrej! You should've seen your mom last night. You made her jump up and down she was so proud of you and happy. She is one strong lady that woman! You are lucky to have her as a mom. As for me, I will see you in a few hours as I am working tonight! Keep up the good work and GO BOOB!
Val

cecilia said...

Oh Andrej...

I am so proud of you! Breastfeeding is something that usualy takes time, but you got it right the first time!
Maybe soon, you can get a full feed from the boob. Then you'll be one step closer to going home :-)

See you tomorrow
Ceci
xoxox

PS: I guess soon, you'll know why Mel and I call ourselves the BB's :-D