Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Eye Spy

Day 79, 1620 grams

And here is yet another item on Andrej's Menu of Maladies: I had an eye test yesterday, and the results weren't the best, unfortunately. I have a condition known as Retinopathy of Prematurity, or ROP. The link will tell you more about it. I have a stage II in one eye and a stage III in the other eye, but luckily they say they caught it early, so it should be treatable. Whatever happens, promise me that if I have to wear glasses, you won't laugh at me!

Today was a great day for feeding. Normally I get two sessions with mommy, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. This is because I would get too tired if I did it more often. However, today I felt up to an extra session, and mommy was only too happy to oblige! As you can see my weight is increasing, so let's hope that this is a nice upward trend.

Schedule for tomorrow: More Sleeping and Eating.


AOV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear little friend, please don't be afraid about ROP. Today there are many medical solucions, and fortunally they caught it early!
There are also lovely glasses, you will be beautiful with them!!! I'm sure!

many kisses to you my friend and to your mommy!
Ana (www.nascerprematuro.org)

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrej! Thank you for your birthday wish! Today is my birthday! I am three! Luke and Ella have school but I am going to gymnastics with Oma. When Dad gets home from work we are going to open presents and have pizza and cake. I sure wish you and Aunt Sandra and Uncle Paul could be here! We all want to see you!

Big kiss and hug!
Cousin Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hey little buddy!

Don't stress about the eye thing- just keep eating, sleeping and getting stronger!

(and don't worry about the glasses either- you'll still look adorable and chicks dig 'em!)