Monday, May 21, 2007

Bye Bye Stupid Hat

Day 70, 1525 grams

Yay! Stupid hat is gone! I'm back to the nasal cannula, so I'm much more comfortable and styling. Plus, I was able to breast feed again, and that makes me one happy baby! Even though I'm allowed to hook up to mommy as long as I want these days, they still feed me through the tube as well--21 ml! They're trying to beef me up as much as possible so that my lungs will have a chance to get stronger. Soon they may start adding the fortifier my milk to give me a boost. I'm still pretty small for my age, but I'm very strong. Maybe some day I'll be as big as my daddy! Speaking of him, he came by really late to visit. He helped the nurse put in a new IV and then she took me out so that he could hold me! We had a good time together--he told me some stories and sang me some songs, including my new theme song which you may have heard on this site. Then we both drifted off to sleep in the rocking chair. I don't know what he dreamed, but I dreamed that I was better and stronger and that I was out of the hospital with my family. The way I am going right now, that dream seems to be closer every day.

Ooh child, things are going to get easier.


AOV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my friend Andrej you are a strong and lovely boy!!!!

receive a lot of kiss from Portugal,

Ana (www.nascerprematuro.org)