Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Exciting Excremental Explosions!

Day 58, 1210 grams

Hee hee hee. Here's a life lesson for everyone: Be careful what you wish for. Especially if you wished that your baby would poop! Being such a little guy, my pipes are not exactly working at 100% just yet, so often times it might take me a day or two to, um, "brew something up." Don't worry though. When it's time, you'll know when it happens. And today mommy got to experience a HUGE happening. It started out when she noticed I left a little surprise in my diaper. Being a responsible parent, mommy of course went in to change me. As she slid the new diaper into place, I decided that this one must be baptized as well. Ha ha ha, everyone laughs, what a funny baby. Wait for it. Little did they know that I was just getting warmed up. Diaper number 3 comes in, and I drop a bomb in that one, too. Now that the comedy level is at an all time high, I decide to pull out the coup de grace. Mommy goes in with number 4, and in doing this she lifts my legs up to my belly and pushes. Just a little bit. Well, you might as well have cocked a loaded gun there mom, because once the pressure was released, I shot out a stream of yellowy-green goo worthy of the Exorcist. Man, I nailed EVERYTHING! Bed linens, the incubator door, my oxygen mask, mommy, and yes, poor diaper number 4. And just to make sure that I got my point across, I decided to pee on mommy for good measure. Ah, good times, good times. Nurse Ceci, who by the way, was caring for me for the first time ever, was laughing her head off. Little did she know that my original plan was to get her as well--sort of an initiation. But unfortunately she was busy taking care of my neighbour at the time. Next time, Ceci, next time.

I bet she'll think twice about giving me a suppository again!


AOV

I'm cooking something up!

5 comments:

cecilia said...

Andrej:
I hope you're done with my "initiation" now. I learned my lesson... Next time, I'm putting in the suppository at THE END of my shift!!!


Xoxox
Ceci

Anonymous said...

Dear friend Andrej,
i select your blog with a "Thinking Blogger Award", as you can see here:http://nascerprematuro.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60.
Please copy the logo, and put it in your blog, and select others 5 blogs that are special for you!
Give my regards to your mother,
Ana (www.nascerprematuro.org)

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys! Nurse Ceci just told me about the blog! I'll be sure to check it on a regular basis and I also wanted to let you know that it always makes my shift brighter when I see you on the unit (Andrej obviously, but also Sandra and Paul). Thanks for the laughters and Andrej, I'm jealous of your maybe new stroller!
Nurse Val xxo

Brad said...

Hahahaha....that's funny about the diaper changes, strong work Andrej! I wish I could have seen Mommy in action....

B-

Anonymous said...

Hello Andrej
I sing in a choir that your Oma direct in Ottawa, She is a great bragger but than all of us Oma's are, She can't seems to stop telling us about you and after reading all your great bulletins I know why, between you and me she is GREAT. I should know as I'm an Oma brag, brag brag we do that best.
Keep up those bowel movements they seems to be important in the world of medicine, but as a Oma and old Mommy I don't know why!!!! brrrrrrr
To Mommy a Happy Mothers day your 1st is special....Wishing your Daddy a great day and YOU keep up the good work.
My Prayer are with you All!!!!
Nellie