Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Not a great day...


Day 35, 930 grams

Today started out fine, but things got a little interesting at night. Just before 9pm the nurse was clearing out the gunk that gets stuck in my mouth and nose when suddenly I had trouble breathing. My oxygen saturation fell a lot and my heart rate went as low as 55 pbm for about 4 minutes. The nurses acted fast by removing my nasal tube and then "bagging" me, which you've probably seen doctors do on TV. Also another nurse was giving me chest compressions, sort of like baby CPR, to make sure my blood kept pumping. At 8:59 my colour had returned to normal and we all waited for the doctor to arrive to see what the next step would be. I enjoyed having a little bit of time without anything stuck to my face! (see picture) When the doctor arrived, he decided to reintubate me, which means I had to go back to having the tube down my throat again.

One of the reasons I'm having trouble keeping my oxygen saturation level up is because I have a heart murmur (Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is a heart problem that is common among premature babies. Read more about it here. -Dad) The doctor decided that I need to go for an operation at the Children's Hospital as soon as possible to have this problem fixed. I'll let you know when the operation will be as soon as they tell me.


Bye for now,

AOV

2 comments:

Peter Tigchelaar said...

Breathe & smile, little guy! Sorry to hear you had a hard day yesterday; hope today is going better.

Tell your Mom & Dad I'm praying for them that they'll learn to be hopeful when they feel most empty through all this.

Love to the room you're in,
Uncle Peter Tig

new balance shoes said...

There's no doubt that New Balance is a brand most associated with running sneakers. The Boston based company has been New Balance 2014 580 Purple in the footwear business for over a hundred years now, with the majority New Balance 576 Shoes For Women of their output consisting of models meant for the track, street, or trail. That's not to say that they don't have heavy hitters in other categories though. One need look no further than their partnership with Lakers legend James Worthy for evidence of that. In 1985 "Big Game James" became the brand's first ever signature athlete following new balance shoes a million-dollar deal that marked the brand's biggest foray into the world of basketball footwear, with the New Balance P740 being the first James Worthy sneaker to release.


Related Articles

new balance coupon

new balance 993 sale