Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Am Baby: Hear Me Squeak!

Day 34, 940 grams.

I know it seems as though I lost weight, but the truth is I was retaining water because of one of my medications. My medication is called "Indomethecin." This sometimes happens to Daddy. His medication is called "beer."

24 hours of nasal ventilation and so far, so good. I managed to pull the tube out once already, but since it's not too long, it's not such a big deal. All my numbers are pretty much the same as they were yesterday. The big news today is that I made my first sounds. It wasn't the Wagner aria everyone hoped for, but at least I made a sound! My throat's still a little raw from my old tube.

I have a new video today. Mommy was adjusting my tube and I sneezed on her. Funny stuff!

Enjoy!

AOV

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi kids,
Couldn't hear the squeak, but saw the action. Everyone is enjoying the blog.
Love dad

carol browne ken bull said...

Hi little Andrej Oliver Vandenberg,
We are so happy to hear that you are doing well.. You are a fighter thats for sure. We all hope that you get to go home soon because your parents are 'THE BEST"
We all pray for you and wish you well....
Keep us posted
carol browne and family

Peter Tigchelaar said...

Hey little guy, ya got me by the heart!! You've got a great uncle in Dundas who's cheering and interceding for you. When I play my mandolin & guitar for you, I know it will be coming through to you, static free, in the realm of Life & Spirit.

Keep going, Andrej Oliver! How DO you do your blog entries with such tiny fingers!?! And will they be guitar or piano fingers? Or trumpet or cello?

Love & hugs to your Dad & Mom,
Uncle Peter Tig

Anonymous said...

I Love this! The baby looks fantastic !
Love Mariam Maia n James