Thursday, April 26, 2007

Me and my Dad

Day 45, 1070 grams.

Today my daddy got to hold me for the first time since I was born. Mom was lucky enough to hold me 3 times already, so I felt that it was about time to give my pops a turn. I hope I made a good first impression! I was worried that I might have been a little stinky, because his eyes would not stop watering! We cuddled for about an hour, he sang me a few songs and then I went back into my incubator to rest. Then he read me Cat in the Hat, Yerlte the Turtle and Mr. Bump.

He seems to be a pretty nice guy--I think I'll keep him.

AOV

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Paul,
It was great to see you folks and little Andrej still beating the odds. Go Andrej go.
Your Opa

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul and Sandra,

How great to see little Andrej's progress!

I spent 18 days in the Jewish General NNICU with Max and got to know the nurses -- and the couch in the family room -- very well. That time turned out to be some of the most interesting days and nights of my life. I will never forget it, for not only did I learn a lot about babies and doctors, but also a great deal about myself.

Your blog is fantastic and it's great to read baby Andrej's adventures in his own words. He's an excellent writer!

I keep looking at his fingers to see the pianist potential.

Just think, when he gets home, he'll be able to enjoy the soothing sounds of Mozart instead of that endless chorus of beebs and the glare of neon lights. I don't know how they sleep through it!

I'll keep reading and imagining you heading down that huge elevator for Second Cup refills, followed by a trip to the magazine shop in the lobby.

Much love to you three from Lesley, Max, Bertrand and Luke.

XOXO,

Lesley