Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Good Day

Day 31--I'm one month old today! 880 grams

Today was another good day. My oxygen requirements and pressures went down again and my lungs are looking clearer and clearer. The big news is that I have a new central line. This is a major IV that gives me all the nutrients I need to live. They also replaced the bar on my nose that holds my ET tube, but I think it's crooked! Oh well. Hopefully the nurses will notice if it starts to peel off or something. Mom and Dad were in a great mood today and Baka came by to say hello. I decided to show her my smile for the first time. Maybe tomorrow they'll start feeding me again, since they had to stop because of my new breathing tube and central line. By the time I'm done here I think I could be a doctor too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrej, you're a better typist than I am! Keep going at this rate, and you'll be inventing flying cars in no time.

Take care of yourself buddy!

susan said...

Hi Andrej,
I was so happy to see your picture and Movie. You are so handsome and with such a beautiful smile you are definately going to be a movie star. I can't wait for you to get bigger and stronger so you can go home and meet your dogs too. I can't wait to see you in person but for now I will send you a kiss in my thoughts. Keep up the good work and you will be home in no time and I can come and see you.
Lots of huggs and kisses,
Love Aunt Susan (I'm really your second cousin but you can call me aunt.)
xoxoxo

jamcat4k said...

Hi Andrej,
I really enjoyed your movies. A film star already!
You're beautiful, and I know your parents are bursting with pride and anxious for you to come home. I'm looking forward to seeing you when your proud papa brings you to McGill to show you off. Until then...
Linda Mannix