Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hurry Up and Wait

Day 36 950 grams

The doctor called the Children's Hospital today to book me for surgery as soon as possible. But I guess "as soon as possible" means "maybe next week." No problem. It's only my HEART that needs surgery. Mommy and daddy seemed upset about me not going right away, and they used some words that I've never heard before. I won't write them here because I don't know what they mean, I don't know how they're spelled, and I can't imagine why someone would even want to stick their own head (****CENSORED****). I mean, the physics alone boggle the mind!

Everyone was worried about my central line AGAIN. The pump that gives me my IV food was having trouble pumping, and the nurse was worried that the line might be blocked, which could mean that my line might "infiltrate," sending the fluid into my chest and crashing me. This happened once before, by the way. Luckily the doctor flushed out the line and it looks as though it's working now. I don't think mommy and daddy are going to sleep much tonight, though.

Any way, the good news is that I'm being fed again. And now I'm getting 2, count 'em, 2 big millilitres of mommy's milk every 3 hours. No poops yet, but mom and dad are waiting with excitement for the excrement. Here's a fun fact: since I haven't been able to drink mom's milk since I was born, she has been freezing it and thawing it out as I need it. So today's milk was from March 17th, which I understand is a very important day for my parents. Something about a guy named Guinness. Mommy seems to love this guy. I won't tell daddy!

Still waiting,

AOV

No comments: