Friday, April 27, 2007

Mommy's Day to Shine


Day 46, 1100 grams.


Bit of a wacky day today. They've gone up to 55 breaths per minute but came down on my pressures. To use a gym analogy, it's like doing more reps only with less weight. Builds endurance I guess. I'm still feeling a little wonky with the pain from operation, but each day gets a little better.

Today Mommy got to hold me for two and a half hours! We were so comfortable that at one point we both fell asleep. I wasn't worried about her dropping me because she had me in a nifty thing called a Cuddly Wrap. I was also lucky to have Nurse Melissa looking after me today, because she is a strong believer in Kangaroo Care. If any of you out there are having babies, I highly recommend it! I find it very relaxing and it's a great way for me to get out and see the world for bit. Someday, when I don't have so many wires and tubes attached to me, mommy will be able to carry me around the unit. Maybe I can get her to sneak out to Toys 'R' Us when the nurses aren't looking.

Until next time, my family, friends and fans!

AOV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that we are doing ok...Love Bon

Brad said...

I soooo wish I could have seen your Mommy holding you....she must have been so happy!!!!! :)

B-

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Ana i'm from Portugal. My son was born with 1000 g. Now he has 2,5 years old and everything is all rigth with him. I want to wish the best for Andrej, he is a figther ( a big one!).
I have a webpage to help parents of premature babies (in portuguese)

Bye,
(sorry but my english is not very good ;-) )
Ana
www.nascerprematuro.org