Saturday, April 28, 2007

Family Nap Day


Zzzzz... (I'm in the blue blanket on mommy's chest)

Day 47, 1120 grams

Oof! I'm stuffed! They have me up to 9mL of food every 3 hours. That's like almost a teaspoon. Well, it's a lot for me! Don't forget I'm just a little guy--right now my stomach is only about the size of an almond!

Today was another great day of kangaroo care with mommy. Melissa and Emilie are real pros at getting me out of my incubator with minimal fuss. And believe me, I'm a connoisseur of fuss. After I settled down on mommy's chest, daddy pulled up a chair next to us and soon we all fell asleep. It was our first family nap! While we were asleep, Melissa, Emilie, Andrea, Karine and Adriana sneaked around like a bunch of shoe-making elves trying desperately to find a camera to capture the moment on film. After borrowing an Polaroid from a neighboring department, they snapped the shot and stuck it on my incubator where my parents would surely see it when they woke up. And surely they did wake up and see the picture! Everyone had a good laugh, and mom and dad were able to have a good nap. I'm glad to see them finally get a little rest--they're really looking rough around the edges these days! Having a great nursing team really makes them rest easier, too. Great job ladies! I hear by make you my honorary aunties! My first piano recital will be dedicated to you!

AOV


4 comments:

Brad said...

Nothing is better than Nap Time!!!! Nice that you all could get some rest together. :)

B-

Anonymous said...

hello,

thank you very, very much for the link to "www.nascerprematuro.org", did you enjoy it? I hope so!! Can i link your blog in my site?
My mail is - contacto@nascerprematuro.org

About Andrej...9ml of food? My son started with 1ml...It is very good if is stomach can "solve" all that food! ;-) Andrej want to became a big boy, so we eat
In my site i call the nurses - "fantastics", All are fantastics for this babies,

a big kiss to the figther ANDREJ!!!
Ana - www.nascerprematuro.org

Anonymous said...

Andrej,
Keep pumping iron and making Mommy and Daddy smile - grow and blossom, buddy!
Cheryl Tig.

Anonymous said...

Hey all!

Just wanted to say that I love the pic- one more benefit of Kangaroo care... a family nap (zzzzz!)
Luv ya
auntie Mel