Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cutest Baby in the NICU!


Day 38, 950 grams

Today's big news is that I'm now up to 5mL of milk every 3 hours. Beefcake! Also, the doctor was so impressed with my oxygen that he lowered the pressures a bit, which gives me the chance to practice breathing on my own a bit more. Tomorrow I have another "heart echo" test, which will tell the doctors whether or not my heart is repairing itself. It's been known to happen, and it would mean no surgery! Chances are slim, but hope is all we have, as mom and dad say.
I think I have my first girlfriend. Today I was making goo-goo eyes at my nurse, Andrea, and she seemed to like it, so I think we're totally going out now. I hope that the fact that I don't have a car, or a driver's license, or control over my own bowels doesn't ruin my chances. Rumour has it that she already has a boyfriend, but there is NO way he is cuter than me. Here's a picture of me taken today with my cool new Sesame Street blankies (given to me by my cousins Luke, Ella and Maggie from Ottawa). You cannot resist the cuteness! Submit!

AOV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Andrej,

Your dad's pal Hugh told me about your blog. Wow, you've got some great writing skills, and your freshness, optimism and sense of humour are certainly helping your parents and their friends and family right now. All the best,