Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Six Pounds of Fury!

Hey everybody! I went to the hospital today for a check up and I have officially hit the 6 pound mark! Woo hoo!

So the day started out with a visit to the follow-up clinic with nurse Debbie where I got to see my file:
Woah. I think my file weighs more than me! How can such a little guy have so much paper?! Any way, it was my understanding that since I no longer live at the hospital, there would be NO MORE NEEDLES. I stand corrected. Just because I am a free bird they can still poke me whenever I visit. Not cool. Well, it was for a blood test, and at least I came up all aces. Next I needed to be weighed so I stripped down and tried stay composed, but when I found out that I was 6 pounds, I peed all over myself. Even managed to hit myself in the eye. Yep, I'm so suave.

Then it was off to the doctors office where I was reunited with my old friend Dr. Ferdinand. She was really pleased with my development, and even offered an explanation to why I've been so gassy and cranky lately: Mommy has been eating cabbage! Well, she's eastern European, so what do you expect? Just so we're clear mommy:

CABBAGE=BAD

and in case you didn't understand that:

KUPUS=NIJE DOBRO

After that we went visit to my ol' stompin' grounds, the NICU. Every one was so happy to see that I was doing well, and I even posed for a picture with three completely anonymous, random nurses:
Who were those ladies, any way?


AOV

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello little baby!
congratulations for your,and ther parents!
i am from portugal!
my little girl is an angel in heaven...
my history...
http://hctrpirescostaportugal.spaces.live.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrej!
I'd just like to let you know that i've been following your blog everyday and let me tell you it sure is...exciting!
I'm not in town right now...I'm chillin' at the "Falls." Trust me you have to see this place it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. We'd be happy to come and visit you when we're back!

Melissa M.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love the anonymous picture! I am sad I won't get to see you anymore when you come visit, but I'm still reading your blog on a daily basis and I still think of you often. Maybe I should give a call to your mummy and drop by sometime! Miss you Andrej!
Auntie Val xxo

Ceci said...

Random and anonymous, huh?

Too bad I couldn't hang out with you when you came to visit, but one of my babies wanted to eat, and you know how it goes in the NICU...
I'm glad you came to visit though. I hope next time I'll have more time for you!

Luv
Ceci
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You might not remember me. I was your next crib neighboor. I am happy to see that are gaining weigh. I also had my follow up at JGH today and I am at 7.79 pound.

Alex Vinh