Sunday, July 1, 2007

Party Animal!

What a great day! After a tearful goodbye to everyone at the NICU, mommy and daddy and uncle Zlatko wheeled me outside into the real world for the first time. They strapped into my car seat for my first car ride, which I didnt' enjoy all that much, and moments later I arrived at my house greeted by a bunch of friends and family, some of whom I met for the first time.

Baka could hardly contain herself. She was busy all morning decorating the backyard and preparing food, and there was sooo much food! Here's a tip if you are ever invited to our house for a party: starve yourself for at least a day before. Of course she couldn't do it all alone--she had the help my tetka, Vule, Zdenka and Maria. Then Adriana, Emma and Antonio arrived and they all greeted me as I made my grand entrance.

Then everyone started arriving! My oma and opa, and uncle Rob and aunt Lisa even showed up from Ottawa. And I was thrilled to finally meet my cousins, Luke, Ella and Maggie. Thanks for the great gift and the strawberries (even if I'm too small to eat them just yet!). James was there and so was some guy also named Andre (what a weird way to spell it!). I was so happy to finally meet Melita. She would have been there to greet me as well, but she was so excited to see me that she passed out. That must have been one major "brady!" So Mladen revived her and they arrived just in time to see me while I was still awake. Lets see, Meg was there, so was Brad, all the way from Toronto, and even my girlfriend, Andrea!

Thanks so much to every one who came, and to everyone who was there in spirit. Your love and support means so much to me!

Now it's time to spend my first night in my new house with my parents. Pleasant dreams, everyone!


AOV

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandra, Paul and Andrej,

We are so thrilled for you that you are all home enjoying some "quiet" family time. We think of you all the time and cannot wait to catch up and see you.

With love,

Arielle, Arthur, Laurence Benjamin and Bubba

AUGUSTO !!! said...

Congratulations Andrej !!! You are a winner !!! I am so happy for you !!

Enjoy your new house and have a lot of fun with your parents !!!!

I am also doing very well . I finally started to gain some weight after surgery but there are lots of things to learn yet.. Breath naturally... Get my milk by myself ( I am still using those little tubes in my mouth...). You know how difficult these things are... but I will do it ! Just like you did !!!

Have a very happy Andrej Day !!!

AUGUSTO !!! said...

Hey... It's me again...

I forgot to tell you that I loved your Dragon Curtain in your bedroom ! I have one Dinosaur Curtain ! Dinosaurs and Dragons are great !!!

Cheers

Augusto

Anonymous said...

Hello my big boy!!
Did I really meet you or I was dreaming precious little face smiling at me?
Yes, it was a GREAT party and your Baka (my dearest friend, who I really
Appreciate) made it happened with all this family and friends who could not
Wait that you are finally home with mommy and daddy.
Yeah, and I did tell you “I am nuts about you” so normally being so exited –
My body could not take it and passed out for few seconds – but my heart
New will enjoy you soon – so I got back to normal and at 160/hr flow to
See you
Hope you enjoy your first night in comfy bed with mommy and daddy
That is the most wonderful time for them…
Talk to you soon,
Love you a lot your auntie Meli

Brad said...

Had a great time at your party Andrej...I was certainly well fed. :) Glad that your Mommy and Daddy finally have you home. I am sure I will be back to see you soon.

B-

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Buddy!
Sounds like your party was totally hoppin'! (It's all that European blood in you...they really know how to party!)

Again, I REALLY wish I could have been there to see your adorable face in person! I will see you soon though!

Take care and sleep well in your new abode!

Love Aunt Be

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness your home i didn't get to say goodbye!!! sniff sniff ...i wish u all the happiness and good health in the world i send you kisses from home...your parents must be so excited tell them it was a pleasure meeting them and their faith was the treatment in the end.....kepp tose cheeks cute and rosy my dear all the best again....
chantal RRT

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Home sweet home!
That's great!!
You are very special!
Many kisses,
Ana (www.nascerprematuro.org)

Anonymous said...

YEAH....I'm so happy for you and your Mommy and Daddy!!!Give them a hug from me. I have to go find some kleenex, before the children here see me crying.Tears of Joy Mr. Andrej. Don't worry.
ALL MY LOVE TO ALL
Jayne

P&C Tig said...

Andrej Oliver!

You're home!! What a great thing! Cheryl & I have been tracking your amazing progress - mostly her because I forgot my password and was getting frustrated because I kept losing the messages I was attempting to send you.

Anyway, this is the REAL DEAL!! This is way better than fireworks on Canada Day to have you coming home that day. I just know your Mom & Dad are going to surround you with life-giving love & music in this place where you belong.

At the same time we are so thankful for the amazing care you received in the hospital. It truly is a miracle for which we give thanks to the Giver of Life.

One blessing after another,
Uncle Petr Tig