Sunday, September 30, 2007

How Do You Like THESE Apples?

I had a really great time with my parents today. They took me for the longest car ride I've ever had to a big farm with lots of trees. But not just any trees. These were apple trees!

We had a quick ride on a tractor into the orchard where I finally saw a real apple. I have a picture of an apple on one of my Baby Einstein blocks, but here I got to touch and smell one for the first time in its' natural environment. Well, as you can see from this picture I wasn't too impressed--I was a little preoccupied with trying to shove my entire fist in my mouth. It was for science, trust me.

At least it made for a great photo op with mom!

On to the apple picking! We got a big bag to put our apples in, and since I decided to have a little boob-snack in the middle of the orchard, the job of picking fell to dad. Someone forgot to tell him that we were there to spend as much time in the outdoors as possible, because he filled that bag in about 2 minutes. I guess it's all that picking experience he got from growing up on Opa's farm. I'm glad they didn't charge us by the weight because dad ate so many apples they would have to weigh him on the way out! (I thought I was being witty with that line, until daddy told me that it's the oldest pick-your-own joke in the book. One of those "If I had a dollar for every time..." sort of things. Hey, I'm just a baby! Everything's new to me!)

Of course, being a little guy with no teeth i wasn't able to enjoy the fruits of our labour, but I'm only about 3 months away from my first taste of apple sauce, so at least I have that to look forward to. Nice haul, dad!

So after the picking we opted to walk back to the car instead of waiting for the tractor, which in hindsight may not have been the best idea since mommy and daddy forgot where they parked. After walking up and down the street a couple of times, they remembered where they left the car. We picked up a pie and some nice paté and some apple juice and had a little picnic.

Like I said, a great day!
AOV


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrej,
You are so cute … little pumpkin…
Sorry I missed you, I went apple picking too.
Yeah, but there are everywhere – I went to
The one in Oka…. Very nice.
Glad to see you are doing so well, hey 5 kg
It’s a lot!!!
Hope to see you soon,
Love auntie
Meli

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet looking apples!

See you on Monday buddy!

Lots of Love!

Aunt Be

P.S. Don't worry, you're not high maintenance, you just have a keen sense of style like your mommy!

Brad said...

Looks like a fun day...love the pics!

B-