Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hey Man, Where Ya Been?

Well, it's been a while since I last logged in, but believe me there was plenty of stuff going on.

First of all, my Baka came back from her trip to Croatia, and she barely recognized me! I had grown so much in the 3 weeks she was gone. Of course, being the proud baka that she is, she brought home a gigantic bag full of stuff for me, including clothes, toys and a small library of story books in Croatian (Hvala teta Juliji koja je izabrala knjige mom tati da nauci Hrvatski). Haha, mom and dad only got 1 shirt each! In the picture to right I am wearing my new soccer scarf, ready to cheer on like a true Torcida! Also, check out my first pair of Adidas, courtesy of Uncle Zlatko. Did you know that Adidas stands for "All Day I Dream About Soccer?"

A couple of days later I had a lovely visit from teta Katica and teta Ljubica, two of the ladies in my Balkan Posse. They've been following my progress closely and were delighted to see how much of hulk I've become! Apparently Katica's granddaughter Sofia is yet another girlfriend of mine. How many is that now? Man, I've lost count. They brought me some nice new clothes, including a really cute sleeper that will come in handy around Christmas time. Usually when people bring me clothes, it's stuff that I will end up wearing weeks or months from the time I get them. It's a good idea, actually, because that way it's guaranteed to fit me me eventually. That said, there's a certain symbolic timing to teta Katica and teta Ljubica's visit, as they were there at my baby shower back in June, and it's just now that I am getting to wear a lot of the clothes I got then.

Fast forward a few days and there was a little crisis we had to deal with. Mommy noticed that I wasn't gaining much weight, and my poop was really dark and smelly. At first we thought that it might be some intestinal bleeding caused by a food allergy I had developed, which may have included an allergic reaction to milk protein. This has been known to happen to some kids like me. Just to be safe, I was brought to the hospital for some tests, where it was revealed that everything is ok, and that the yucky poop is caused by my iron supplements and my minimal weight gain is normal. It is typical for all babies to have plateau periods in their weight gain.

And then to cap off the week we had a visit from my great uncle Pete and aunt France from British Columbia. They set the record for having traveled the furthest to see me. Well ok, they had other stuff to do here, but still, BC is pretty far! I got a cool new blanket from them that matches my room perfectly. I can't wait until I'm old enough to ski, because they live in Whistler and I am for sure going to be visiting them!

So all in all a busy week. Hope to see you sooner next time!


AOV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!! You're really starting to look like your dad! It's amazing how much you've changed since I last saw you at the Jewish. I still keep up to date with your life and adventures and I think of you often. Give a big kiss to your mom and dad for me and save one for yourself while you're at it! Muah! xxo
Auntie Val

Anonymous said...

Hey soccer star,
You look so great! I am so happy to see you
doing well. I love all mix and mach colors
On you
Love you a lot your auntie Meli and Dan
Kisses to mom and dad

Unknown said...

Andrej, Paul and Sandra, it was delightful to visit you and witness the love, the passion and the unique complicity between you three. We love you very much and think of you a lot, sending you beautiful energies.

Love
France and Peter