Sunday, November 16, 2008

Big Operation Day

It's been a while, I know.  To be honest, it's been hard to find time to update this blog, and mommy and daddy have been keeping  a lot of people updated through Facebook.  However, we've had many requests recently to update everyone on recent developments.  Here's the scoop:

Mom and dad suspected it for while, and the doctors confirmed it over a year ago; I have a severe to profound hearing loss.  Theories as to why include the simple fact of my extreme prematurity to some nasty side-effects of some antibiotics I had in the hospital.  Whatever the case, the fact remains; I can't hear anything, which brings us to the next major procedure in my little life.  By the time many of you read this I will have undergone surgery to install a cochlear implant in my head.  This device should allow me to hear, but we won't know the full results until 4 to 6 weeks from now when it's activated.  I'll keep you all up to date as much as possible over the next few weeks.

Wish me luck!

AOV

No comments: